Monday, September 24, 2007

school rules



Here are some questions for all of those of you who have gone back to school in the past seven years:
1. Do we still raise our hands in college when we have a question? (I just blurted some things out but nobody seemed to mind.)

2. Is it okay to call our professors "Mr or Mrs" ? (I would think we should consider their education before calling them anything)

3. Why does everyone at PCC smoke? (yuck)

4. How come everybody gets hepped up about street-corner evangelists when I saw two of them parading around as bank credit card salesmen today in the common area? (those shark-tooths)

5. Is it okay to use the calculator function on your cell phone if you happened to have forgotten your calculator for chemistry lab? (I did.)

6. Where are the on-campus Starbucks??

--Today was my first day back to school since I graduated with my BS in 2000. Today was also the first day of Abigail's journey into pre-academia at the YMCA Child Development Center! Hooray for learning! Abigail informed me that she had salad and oranges and a sandwich for lunch, that her teacher let her play with the big stuffed puppy and that they sang a song about farmers for quite some time.

I sat next to an interesting gal for three hours in a Chemistry lab class. 10 more weeks and counting, folks! Here's to "better late than never!"


0 comments: