Friday, September 7, 2007

Man and wife, get to man and wife!

Here I sit, listening to NPR, watching my husband out of the reflection of our newly windex'd window. He's working on getting flowers ready for our mutual friend's wedding tomorrow at Horning's Hideout. Like the name? Me too. Never been there but I'm always up for an adventure. I sort of volunteered Mr. Zakky for this assignment, but as I told him earlier, 'you tend to set yourself up as the sacrificial lamb, always availing yourself to others' projects even when you don't have the time. I was just casting the lot first before you could get a chance'. He took it with good humor, although I think an "I'm going to punch you in the face" did manage to come up. (Cool down, cats, it's always in jest!). He really is doing a lovely job-dahlias, hydrangea, eucalyptus leaf, lilies, etc. Very cream and dark spicy colors. I love that he uses a lot of greenery but keeps the hubbub of boutonnieres and corsages to a minimum. Ahh, weddings. Ahh, flora. Ahh, NPR?

0 comments: