Monday, September 17, 2007

Allspice and everything nice





Autumn is my favorite time of year. I know that sounds like the beginning to a third grade essay on seasons. I don't care. I just wanted to pay homage to the beautiful changing colors of the leaves, to the deepening evenings, the chill in the air, etc.


Things I love about autumn:

apple cider
pumpkins
coats
changing leaves
nutmeg/cinnamon
allspice/cardamom
Halloween
Thanksgiving
hay rides, corn mazes and pumpkin patches at Sauvie's Island













I'm not sure why I decided to upload and place this pic on this particular blog. I just happen to love coffee. And I am happy that, with fall coming on, I can finally switch to hot drinks instead of iced. And add cinnamon to my lattes. I should probably dedicate an entire blog to my love(okay, obsession) with coffee. But we'll save that for another time. Right now I will brew a fresh pot, drag the laundry up from the basement, and get to folding and sipping.

0 comments: