Saturday, February 23, 2008

it's shag, baby!

If you ever get the chance, or the inkling, to check out a new music scene, our classical station has a great new program every Saturday night at 7pm called Club Mod. As I write this, I know many of you will mutter something snide about not being home at 7pm on a Saturday but...for those of you who have wee ones to pack off to Nod Land, leaving you homebound, give it a listen-either here locally on 89.9 FM on the radio or online at allclassical.org It's worth a mention as I don't think "modern" classical music gets enough good press.

Also, my newest literary craze is the poetry of Pablo Neruda. Beautiful. Truly.

2 comments:

ZERD said...

I didn't know about Club Mod; I will definitely tune in! I also adore the works of Neruda; I have quite a few of his books, but not all, so not enough to satisfy me....Have you seen the Italian movie Il Postino? If not, I think you would; Neruda is a prominent character.

Erin said...

I haven't seen Il Postino but I found it on a link for one of Neruda's poetry websites-I think I'll check it out.