Monday, January 28, 2008

shaboom shaboom

is it bad when you realize you have been obsessing over the same few "character flaws" for at least 80% of your waking day?

I either need a hobby or a coke habit.

why don't my parents ever listen to their voice mail? Don't they know I leave a message because I want to communicate something? And they want to get a computer...don't know if they're ready for that kind of responsibility yet...

I love to laugh at how poorly Portlanders drive in the semi-snow conditions, but not while I'm driving with them. They make me angry in that irrational, throw shoes out the car window sort of way.

Did anyone catch the state of the union address this evening? Does anyone even care any more?

And if anyone has a cure for an HGTV addiction, please send suggestions to "my husband has an HGTV addiction, PO Box 2muchtv, our house 24/7" Thanks!

5 comments:

ZERD said...

I think your hobby should be getting other people into coke addictions. That could be really satisfying. But I don't think a coke addiction would help you stop obsessing over "flaws" or Z over HGTV. Nope, gonna take a miracle there. Which reminds me that I have a book you need to read!

Erin said...

what book, dearie?

ZERD said...

The Year of Living Biblically: One Man's Humble Quest to Follow the Bible as Literally as Possible by A.J. Abrams. Um, YOU MUST READ! I will give to Z for you at Ash Wed service.

ZERD said...

I put the book in his car. Did he remember to let you know?

Erin said...

no, he forgot. and I heard about that book on NPR a couple weeks ago-it sounded like a good read! I'll remind him when he gets home. "remind", another word wives use in place of "nag the hell out of"!