Wednesday, January 9, 2008

Katmandu







Yes folks, from the family that brought you Mr. Kerouac cat, tragically killed by whom we can only assume was a pissy neighbor, and Piglet, that mentally unstable meow who managed to scale two feet up a window screen and escape, we are now proud to bring you mister no name kitty #3!!!

We have been talking about getting a new cat but I didn't want to be the one to pick him or her out because I am not in harmony with the great cat nature that is nice-kitty. No, I only seem to pick out the wackos and the ones channeling Hannibal Lector. So Zakk went to the Humane Society last week and spent some quality kitty check-out time in the "visiting rooms" and found this beautiful boy you see above. He is 2 years old, 11 lbs., all black with little white tufts in his ears. For those of you who remember Piglet, yes, this cat does have an actual tail, as well! He is a really sweet natured, gentle lovey cat. A little shy still-but no wonder with the noise we four make! He likes to snuggle and headbutt us for affection, and doesn't seem to want to eat my face off or slash through my ankles...which is a nice change. The only thing he's done so far besides keep to himself or cuddle and purr is eat a small bag of catnip he ripped up during the middle of the night-but who can blame him?

I am really happy to have a cat in the house again, and I think there can be some mutual lovin' now, instead of my misadventures in psychocat.

If you thought this was an absurd length to a "cat-devoted" blog, I apologize. But if you are still reading this, and I can only hope you are, any suggestions on a name?!!

1 comments:

ZERD said...

Con-CAT-ulations! I hope he is the PURR-fect pet and impacts your family PAWS-itively.