Monday, February 2, 2009

Family Stone

I know having a family is a choice. But I also know that raising children and maintaining a healthy family unit is one of the most difficult jobs I have ever undertaken, and that having help along the way is the only way to thrive, not simply survive. I recently became involved in a movement here in Portland to bolster support for state-wide and national awareness of the need for paid family leave. I believe this is just one more way to support the individual needs of the child, the combined needs of the parents, and the more reaching goals of community and global support.
As I look on my own two children, my husband, and all the people who support and love us, I see our ties reaching further than our own home, our own city. Families make up our world. Please support them.

0 comments: