Tuesday, February 17, 2009

dance 101


I am a wallflower. I stand at the back of the room, blending in with the scenery, hoping not to be noticed. I am also a hypocrite. I want to be seen, talked to, danced with so desperately that it practically sweats out of my pores. But all the hairpins fall out of my up-do and you never see me at all. You just walk around smiling at people, happy in the knowledge that you can leave me at the table-we didn't come together as a date.
I guess that was reverse karma for not going to the dance with my future husband. I hope not to make the same mistake in the future's past.
Life feels like a dance sometimes.
Choose a partner with dry palms.
Drink horrid punch you wish was spiked.
Smile like you mean it.
Go alone, leave alone.

Maybe it's just me.

0 comments: