Monday, October 8, 2007

the sharks are circling

Update: After working like fiends on our 1900 two-story house here in lovely Portland, we've decided to take it off the market. It's only been up for two months, really, but the day we put up the sign was in the same week as the sub-prime market debacle. So we are re-evaluating to say the least! We have had some real interest, but nothing definite. While it was nice to think we may actually sell this albatross, it is even nicer to think we can sit back and enjoy the fruits of our very intensive labor! The girls are happy, I'm sure, to be able to walk and play downstairs and not have to run into piles of lumber, step on nails, or smear wet paint. I am happy to have the dust settled!
The thing I find the most entertaining to come out of this whole selling/waiting game is that the minute we officially took the house off the market(Sunday), I have had 5 phone calls from over-eager real estate agents looking to help us sell our house. The sharks have smelled our blood and their cruising in for some good ol' sales! Yesterday I had one guy call, pretty nice guy, and thought it was just a fluke. Then three more gentlemen called and I raised my eyebrows some. Now I laugh every time somebody calls! I don't like speaking to sales people in general. They tend to creep me out a little. I think it's the insincerity of their approach. Anyway, now when I see an unknown number on my phone come up, I just spit out the same little pitch I've told to the last couple guys, and they usually end up hanging up, a little chagrined, but no harm done.
Too bad they aren't calling with baited breath to tell me they have a buyer who wants my house more than a night of hot sex!
Oh well, at least Christmas is going to look amazing here this year!

0 comments: