Monday, February 15, 2010

Good night, New York, We love you!!
















My husband laughs at my love of certain 70's rock-Jackson Brown, Bob Seger, Steve Miller Band, etc. But for some reason I feel drawn to them. They remind me of the times before I had children, before I gained 'mommy weight', before I had more bills going out than checks coming in. There is something about their guitars, their piano rocking, dudes with long hair(which I can't stand under 'normal' circumstances!!!)...No worries, no cares, just jammin' and laughing and singing at the top of my lungs out the car window. Responsibility is not a privilege, folks, it's a burden. I'm not talking about being responsible for my children, because I took that on knowingly and willingly, but all the other bullshit we have to deal with day to day. I'm just sayin'. Let's all get off the grid and start a commune........but it will have to have a radio, for sure.

_____________________________________________________________

'Night' songs seem to bring out the memories, too....

-Nightswimming by REM
-Night Moves by Bob Seger
-Because the Night by Natalie Merchant
-Strangers in the Night by Mel Torme
-Tonight, Tonight from West Side Story
-Starry, Starry Night by Don McLean

Daytime usually belongs 90% to my children and running a household, but the night still belongs to me-I read, I write, I listen to music, I waste time on the internet. Well, 10% at least.

0 comments: