Friday, January 8, 2010

Whoa, Ho, Ho, Ho

So I missed posting anything relevant about Advent, Christmas or New Years-big surprise. But I can regale all my loyal cafetorium fans with stories of 2010 already realized!

One-baby to be is doing very well--heard the heartbeat for the very first time today!

Two-hubby has been battling recovering from a tonsillectomy...not recommended for people over the age of 8 in my mind! Two ER trips and a lot of drugs later he's on the road to mending.

Three-We are moving. There I said it. The mess that has strained the seams of our humble abode is actually for a purpose! Hopefully this will be the last time in a looooong time! As my husband so aptly put it,"When we aren't being gypsies..." We are all pretty excited about the new digs, the new surroundings, and the change of pace.

Four-While packing boxes, found out that the basement does leak, and that the spiders came out from hibernation during a warm spell. Ick.

Five-Going to work up my courage and try out another prenatal yoga class. This one is a stone's throw from our new home. No excuses, right? And, even better, I can occasionally reward myself for my good and healthy deeds with a trip to a yummy bakery.

I was going to post a #6 but my attention span and memory at this point are both quite limited.

So, a late Merry Christmas and a most Happy New Year everyone!

Pics of the new place coming soon....

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

YAHOO for new babies! I am so excited for you. What a gift to us our children are. I will pray for healthy and sane pregnancy for mama. Happy New year!

Anonymous said...

Hey there...how are you doing? If I had your email I would send a message. Just wanted to know how your pregnancy is going and what you are up to!

Have a lovely day :)

Erin said...

Hi Elisha! I hope you get this comment back to your comment-
I am doing pretty well, getting settled into a new house, running after children with more energy than...anything!
Here's my email so we can actually catch up the "normal" : ) way-
ehoyt8302@gmail.com
Email me yours, too, as I would love to hear from you!
Take care, and thanks for the comments!

lori said...

Hi there - Elisha is a friend of mine, and I saw one of your comments to her. Then I clicked your name and was intrigued by your blog name. So that's how/why I got here, and your blog is lovely. I too like anti-Martha craftiness and domesticity, as I saw that you mentioned. :)

Main thing I wanted to say is this: you don't happen to be in a Portland prenatal yoga class with a girl named Rachel who is roughly 16 weeks along, do you? Cuz if so, that's my sister! Saturday mornings? I know Portland is big, but thought I'd throw it out there.

Erin said...

Hi Lori,

I got your comment on my blog and I think I sort of remember you from Warner? I know Elisha was a couple years before me(I graduated in 2000). Also, does your sister go to yoga at Om Base in SW PDX? Because I think I may go to the same class as her! It is a small world! I'll be sure to say hi to her when I see her.
Thank you for the kind words about my blog-it's such a work in progress sometimes, I'm not sure what I'm doing-more hodgepodge than anything else! But now I will be popping in to see your blog as well!
Again, thanks for the comments-it's always nice to be connected to people in this vast cyber-world!

Take care,
Erin (Mead) Hoyt

ps-I should probably blog about the name of my blog someday...