Thursday, April 30, 2009

And it's all a part of growing up...

So, what's new?
Well, we are finally getting better"on track" with our financials...thanks to Zakk and 'Mint'. I know it may seem impossible that a family of 4 with two people working full time could not hold on to a semi-middle class budget but, well, there you go...

Our family is going to be moving to the lovely neighborhood of Sellwood in the not too distant future. I am excited to be making a change, even though it seems like we just moved into our beautiful Victorian in North Portland! This new place is closer to my work, and with Abigail starting Kindergarten in the fall, it puts us in a good distance from both the girl's schools. We will be right by a large park which makes the 5 pounds of winter weight on me happy! Walk it!

We had a local moving company come out and look over the house to give us an estimate on all of our stuff... and that leads me in to another thing I want to report: we are FINALLY streamlining our home, as in-if it's not nailed to the floor and/or providing a useful function, get it the hell out! Goodwill has been blessed with quite a few items, as well as Craigslist and Ebay-we won't be undersold!!

That's it for now. Maybe I'll post some pictures tonight if I'm not totally worn out from picking up the girls, driving home, getting dinner on the table, giving baths, reading stories, and making sure everyone who is NOT fully potty trained has used the bathroom before bed time(Sampson.....)

2 comments:

ZERD said...

Growing up?! I'll believe it when I see it :) I know the new house will be much easier time-wise, but I am so sad to see you guys move away from that beautiful house! I'm glad you're just moving to Sellwood; for some reason, I thought you were moving way The F away--like Molalla. Don't know why; I just have this image of you working in the hinterlands, I guess.

Erin said...

Molalla=hicks
Sellwood=hippies and US!

ps- that beautiful house was a bitch to clean and cost about $600 in heating during the winter, so, it all works out in the end!