Sunday, December 6, 2009

Merry Music Makers



A slightly cheesy favorite of both my husband and I! Mariah, you really used to rock it!




Oh, Judy, your golden voice is truly missed when I think about this song and all the versions made. This one can always make me teary eyed.



With the Advent season in full swing, my mind is always drawn back to this song from Amahl and the Night Visitors by Menotti. The mother sings "All that Gold", desperately asking if rich people know what to do with their gold. I don't wish to be disparaging of people who have more than I, rather this song helps me to remember to cherish and make the most of what I have in this moment.

Happy Advent, all.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love that Judy Garland song :) Happy Advent to you my friend. I am doing an Advent bible study with my girls and it has been great reflection for the season. I hope you are doing well I always love reading your blog!

Erin said...

thanks Elisha! I love the season of Advent-it makes the month of December mean so much more than the two days everyone builds up to.