Wednesday, July 29, 2009

The End is Near

As a child I had some exposure to religious fanaticism, some experiences in the church, some outside. I can't recall if I ever saw someone holding a sign saying "The End is Near!", but I sat through enough Sunday school classes with topics like "The Rapture" and the book of Revelation to know that some people just can't seem to wait for the end of times.
I remember how a good friend of mine in college and I used to email back and forth and trade song lyrics-often the songs of U2 would come up. They have a song I remember as including the words, "You were acting like it was the end of the world." Now, whether or not someone can actually predict the end times (Nostradomous, The National Enquirer, etc.), is of little concern to me. I have enough going on in my day to day life that when or how the world stops or my time on it ends does not make much of a difference.
How I live my life, however, is another thing altogether...

Part one

0 comments: