Monday, March 16, 2009

Outside In

Driving home tonight I looked at my two wonderful daughters in the rearview mirror and got one of those elusive snapshots of them immortalized forever in my brain, me on the outside looking in.

It is a rare moment when I can see my children 'objectively'; at least as much as motherly possible! Usually I am correcting grammar, laughing, telling one to be more quiet, asking the other one to take her thumb out of her mouth and talk to me, blithely unaware that life is happening to me at that very moment.

Seeing them, one, two, looking at me, me seeing them looking at me, as their mother, that was a good moment, a good day.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love those outside in moments. They just give us a lovely fresh perspective don't they? Keep a-bloggin' Erin. I love to read...

Erin said...

thanks! You keep typing away, too!