Sunday, August 17, 2008

Splish Splash Part 1


Let me start by saying that I am not a jungle jane. I don't like heat, I am a pansy, I wilt, all the while griping and moaning. The reason I say this is because the dog days of August really came up and bit me in the ass. It was between 100 and 106 the past three days here in lovely PDX! It just happened to work out that one of those days, Sat., my parents were coming down so we could all take a day trip to beautiful Cannon Beach and Ecola State Park. All was packed and ready to go by 9am, a lovely taco salad picnic, fresh watermelon and some illegal beverages in the cooler. The list was checked twice and we all piled in for a day to beat the heat. It was a gorgeous day-sunny, a little wind, blue skies after a little mist coming over the mountain range. We drove in, set up at the park, and took a little walk before digging in. The only thing shadowing this lovely day is that I was having some hormonal issues and basically acted like a complete bitch from time to time, even telling my husband to shut up in front of lovely parents and adoring children. (sorry sweets!). After the fog wore off, as well as my attitude issues, we had a wonderful time, complete with dancing around with a whirly gig, watching a young couple get married right by the water, and talking with the grounds keeper(who suspiciously looked a lot like Santa Claus!) and his wife. After another little hike with Momma, Nanna and Abigail, we headed over to Tolovana just past Haystack Rock.



The beach was not too crowded and we staked out a place for our entourage just close enough to the water. The girls had a magnificent time! It was Charlotte's first time in the water and she was a little trooper, even letting me dip her in up to her tummy a couple times! Brrr! Abigail was a screaming banshee of pure delight, taking Momma, Daddy, Nanna and Grampa for runs into the waves, laughing and jumping all the way. She face planted a couple times in some bigger waves but even that didn't deter her joy! We sort of made some sand castles but it is a rather delicate process when you have a two year old smashing everything in to make sand-cakes!The beach has always been a favorite place of mine. I am so happy I was able to share the day with some of the people who mean the most to me in this world. The only thing I am little bummed about is my lack of pictures. Some I used the natural light setting on the camera for and then turned out crappy, and then I left the camera downstairs(computer is upstairs) and I am too damn tired to upload them now! See future post for pics!

0 comments: